Ok guys, I’m excited to post a quick recipe today ! I’m actually really excited because it’s something I cooked in my very own kitchen into my very first home !
Before following home bloggers, I was actually following food bloggers. I LOVE to cook. From the time looking for a recipe, through books, magazines, blogs or Pinterest, to the actual time passed in the kitchen, to eating the food, I love it all. Being in the kitchen for four+ hours on a sunday afternoon is no chore for me. And now that I have a kitchen that is not a hallway with no counter place where I’m never alone cooking (ie. sharing the family home kitchen!), but where I have space, an island, and can do it all while watching the TV across in the living room, it’s just gonna be way more enjoyable !
I don’t have all my pantry essentials yet, so when cooking I have to be creative with what I got. Plus during the week I come home quite late and don’t have time to tackle really long and time-consuming recipes. Add to the mix I’m mostly alone, since the boyfriend works night shift, I’m not gonna whip up some big five stars meal only for myself. I mostly end up eating buttery pasta with some leftover veggies that I quickly roast, soup that I quickly reheat on the stove (I don’t even have a microwave yet), or even just cereals.
But this recipe is so quick and easy to make I can easily make it on weeknight and feel like having a proper dinner !
Ok I lied a bit. You actually need some prep for the pulled pork. Either do it sunday, or like me, trow everything in the slow cooker before going to bed one night and enjoy the meal the next evening. But once you have the pulled pork, the rest just take like 10 minutes top to make. Enough talking, here’s the recipe :
Pulled pork toast with whipped honey and basil goat cheese
- 2 lbs pork shoulder roast
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1/2 cup bbq sauce
- 1/2 cup chicken broth
- 1 Tbsp Worcestershire sauce
- 1 Tbsp honey
- 1/3 cup brown sugar
- 1 tsp red chili flakes
- 1/2 tsp dried thyme
- 1/2 tsp dried oregano
- 1/4 tsp pepper WHIPPED GOAT CHEESE
- 1/2 cup goat cheese
- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- 2 Tbsp chopped fresh basil
- 1 Tbsp honey
- pepper OTHER
- Bread (baguette)
- Olive oil
- Fresh basil (for decorating purpose)
- For the Pork
- Mix all the ‘liquid’ ingredients together, set aside.
- Mix all the ‘dry’ ingredients together, set aside.
- In the slow cooker, pour olive oil at the bottom then add the chopped onions. Place the pork roast on top of the onion. With a knife, make a few holes into the meat. Pour the liquid mix on top of the meat. Apply to dry mix as a rub over the visible part of the meat. Set your slow cooker to low and let cook for 8 hours. For everything else
- Whip together all the ingredients for the goat cheese using a fork. Add pepper to taste.
- Cut the baguette diagonally to get long toast. Apply a thin coat of olive oil on both sides and toast them, either in the oven or using a grilling pan.
- To assemble, take a piece of toast and spread goat cheese on top. Add some pulled pork, a few leaves of basil, and voilà.